College Humor takes a look at what you all do or have thought about at times, leaving Facebook! Face it, it takes a lot of energy & time to keep up with any kind of social media, especially Facebook. So why do so many Facebook fans make such a fuss when they leave, after all, in a lot of cases, they’ll eventually be back at some time in the future, which is why there’s almost a billion and a half people on there anyway!
Jimmy Kimmel sent a crew out to Hollywood Boulevard to ask people who claimed to be watching the NCAA Basketball Tournament about teams and players that do not exist. This is a special March Madness Edition of #LieWitnessNews.
Southern California born comedian and actor Will Ferrell received the 2,547th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6767 Hollywood Blvd. on Tuesday, with friends Molly Shannon, John C. Reilly and L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti there for the celebration.
Julie Roberts, Richard Gere, Director Garry Marshall, Costars Laura San Giacomo and Hector Elizondo all sat down together on the Today Show this past week to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of iconic movie “Pretty Woman” which earned Julia Roberts her second Oscar nomination and her first Academy Award for her role as hooker Vivian Ward.
James Corden explained via video how he got the hosting job of CBS’s The Late Late Show over the likes of Simon Cowell, Chris Rock and Lena Dunham in a fashion fit for Willy Wonka, and with a lot of help from Jay Leno.
AMC’s “Madmen” cast sat down with Matt Lauer on the Today Show Monday to talk about the final season of the acclaimed series which kicks off on Sunday, April 5th, their final farewell & legacy they leave for TV!
Neil DeGrasse Tyson is the head of the Hayden Planetarium in New York, received his doctorate from Columbia, and says there are so few astrophysicists, that they are literally one in a million. But he’s risen above them all being not only a popular guest on TV & Radio talk shows, sold out speaker on the lecture circuit, but now also the subject of a “60 Minutes” interview!
WHAT YOU DIDN’T SEE ON NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON’S APPEARANCE ON “60 MINUTES” BELOW!
MysteryGuitarMan and DeStorm collaborate to create a rap using bubble rap. DeStorm flows while MGM lays down a beat by popping bubble wrap.
Ellen DeGeneres is a well known prankster on her daily TV show, but she may have met her match as The “Today” host finally exacted his revenge on Ellen. Ellen has the video to prove it.
It’s gone over a million views so far, and this brother/sister act with big brother Jason Lyle Black joining his younger sister on the keyboard playing one of the music world’s favorites from this past year playing it not only the conventional forward way, but also both of them backwards too!
THE BEST SERMONS ARE LIVED, NOT PREACHED!
1. Today, I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research paper I’m working on for my Psychology class. When I asked her to define success in her own words, she said, “Success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile.”
2. Today, I asked my mentor – a very successful business man in his 70’s- what his top 3 tips are for success. He smiled and said, “Read something no one else is reading, think something no one else is thinking, and do something no one else is doing.”
3. Today, after a 72 hour shift at the fire station, a woman ran up to me at the grocery store and gave me a hug. When I tensed up, she realized I didn’t recognize her. She let go with tears of joy in her eyes and the most sincere smile and said, “On 9-11-2001, you carried me out of the World Trade Center.”
4. Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of the road holding him and crying. And just before he died, he licked the tears off my face.
5. Today at 7AM, I woke up feeling ill, but decided I needed the money, so I went into work. At 3PM I got laid off. On my drive home I got a flat tire. When I went into the trunk for the spare, it was flat too. A man in a BMW pulled over, gave me a ride, we chatted, and then he offered me a job. I start tomorrow.
6. Today, as my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood around my mother’s hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words before she died. She simply said, “I feel so loved right now. We should have gotten together like this more often.”
7. Today, I kissed my dad on the forehead as he passed away in a small hospital bed. About 5 seconds after he passed, I realized it was the first time I had given him a kiss since I was a little boy.
8. Today, in the cutest voice, my 8-year-old daughter asked me to start recycling. I chuckled and asked, “Why?” She replied, “So you can help me save the planet.” I chuckled again and asked, “And why do you want to save the planet?” Because that’s where I keep all my stuff,” she said.
9. Today, when I witnessed a 27-year-old breast cancer patient laughing hysterically at her 2-year-old daughter’s antics, I suddenly realized that I need to stop complaining about my life and start celebrating it again.
10. Today, a boy in a wheelchair saw me desperately struggling on crutches with my broken leg and offered to carry my backpack and books for me. He helped me all the way across campus to my class and as he was leaving he said, “I hope you feel better soon.”
11. Today, I was feeling down because the results of a biopsy came back malignant. When I got home, I opened an e-mail that said, “Thinking of you today. If you need me, I’m a phone call away.” It was from a high school friend I hadn’t seen in 10 years.
12. Today, I was traveling in Kenya and I met a refugee from Zimbabwe. He said he hadn’t eaten anything in over 3 days and looked extremely skinny and unhealthy. Then my friend offered him the rest of the sandwich he was eating. The first thing the man said was, “We can share it.”
The best sermons are lived, not preached
Jimmy Kimmel went out onto the streets of South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, once again to ask people their opinions on a bunch of fake bands they made up. And even though all of these artists are completely fictional – that didn’t stop people from saying they love them in this SXSW 2015 Edition of #LieWitnessNews.