* Drinking 2 glasses of Gatorade will relieve headache pain almost immediately without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers.
* Colgate tooth paste makes it an excellent salve for burns.
* Before you head to the drug store for a high-priced inhaler with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of strong Altoids peppermints. They’ll clear up your stuffy nose.
* Got achy muscles from a bout with the flu? Mix a tablespoon of horse radish & 1 cup of olive oil, let sit for 30 minutes, apply it as a massage oil for instant relief from muscle aches & pains.
* Smart splinter remover! Pour a drop of Elmer’s Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, peel off the dried glue off the skin, and the splinter comes with it as it sticks to the dried glue.
* Sore throat? Just mix a quarter cup of vinegar with a quarter cup of honey. Take a tablespoon 6 times a day, the vinegar will kill the bacteria.
* Honey remedy for skin blemishes! Cover the blemish with a dab of honey, place a band-aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing, working overnight.
* Heinz Vinegar will heal bruises! Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar, apply to the bruise for 1 hour, the vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing!
* Listerine will disinfect a broken blister! Dab on a few drops, it’s a powerful antiseptic.
| Sept. 8, 2012 at 4:53 p.m.